Sunday 12 June 2011

Class blogging 3

Have just logged onto my class email to see that several parents have commented on our new class blog, and some of the children have sent posts for it.


I am really pleased with the reaction from my class and their parents. We have a fabulous school website already which is used to share and celebrate work and events in school. http://www.standrewsyetminster.org.uk/


The only thing really missing from the  class website is the ability to comment on it; that's where blogging came to mind. If it wasn't for the enthusiasm of my twitter PLN I would not have thought about the whole blogging idea!  


Where it will go next I have no idea at the moment. I want to use technology as much as possible to enrich and enhance the children's learning. If a class blog can persuade just one reluctant writer to produce a piece of writing then I shall be pleased. If it encourages parents, carers and families to show more interest in their child's writing that is great... I can't think of any negative impact at all.


I can't wait to see how this idea develops and grows. Only 6 more weeks until the summer holiday; will it be used then at all? I wonder... http://classash.primaryblogger.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment